Sunday, May 30, 2010

Remembering Dad


Remembering Dad

It’s been 13 years since Dad left this world, but lately he has been heavy in my thoughts. I want to take this Memorial Day Weekend to publically remember him. Dad served in the Korean War for two years and was fortunate to return home to his bride.

My parents married in October of 1952-he was 21 and she was 19. Just six short weeks after the wedding, Dad got the dreaded call-he was to join the army, and after a mere 10 weeks of marriage, he was deployed to Korea.

Dad served as a cook and his life vocation became that of a chef. Dad was also in the army band, and played the saxophone. I inherited my love of music from him; but not his talent.

Dad was a dreamer, but had little education to follow-through on his desires. He was a very outgoing person who loved to talk and playfully tease people.

My Dad died at the age of 65 due to heart and lung conditions. He is now with Jesus and no longer suffering.

I will see you again someday, Dad. I love you and miss you!






2 comments:

  1. A beautiful tribute to your father! Father - daughter relationships are so special! ~ Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Barbie!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!