Monday, July 25, 2011

J is for :

 
 


Jacaranda trees are all over my community these days. They are in various stages of bloom as they blossom in spring and summer. The jacaranda  are stunning when in full flowerage, yet messy after their time has been spent and they float to the ground to form an amethyst carpet. (They do look lovely against the shiny black hood of my SUV!)


The  purple flowers resemble little trumpets and the leaves are graceful with a fern-like appearance. 

The flowers land on cars, and in swimming pools and when stepped on, sometimes make an oily mess. Personally, I don’t care for the aroma of Jacaranda, because it has slight urine-like odor, but I love the beautiful blossoms.

I especially enjoy them when they line up on either side of the street; forming an arbor of vibrant purple and green.

It's so awesome seeing God's Creation. May I never take it for granted!





11 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Barb! I remember those trees from when I was in So Cal, but I'm almost positive i didn't know their names. LOVELY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lovely Jacaronda--why do you have to smell like urine????? Thank you for starting my day off with some beauty and a little laugh:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome pictures! Fantastic "J" post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! How kind of God to scatter so much color around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacaranda. Nice--I had no idea such a thing existed and I now I know a nice little snippet about it. The pictures were lovely too--thanks for sharing! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. You lost me at the smell, silly:) lol. So very pretty, tho. I've never heard of these trees. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned something new today - Jacaronda trees. How beautiful. Wonder if the odd "aroma" is some kind of defense for them. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of a Jacaronda. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful! I can't imagine a street lined with purple like that. So cool!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are beautiful trees! I've never seen purple flowering trees before, thank you for sharing... and I love the diamonds in your "Jacaranda" heading, you scrapper, you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! Those are gorgeous! And your lighting was perfect for the colors! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!