Monday, August 15, 2011

M is for Mahjongg





I am addicted to the on-line puzzle game called

I found this website where the game is free, no annoying ads, and no time clock ticking away the minutes I play. In mahjongg, the object is to remove all tiles from the screen by matching pairs that are on the end of multiple layers.



The game has increased my observation skills in that I need to look and think before I click on the first pair I find. I spend time studying the set-up to see if there is a better route to take that will open up more tiles that have matches. I need a W on the far left but none available. However, I spot one in another row, but first need to remove F. But to remove F, I need to remove 9. That will be workable for there are available tiles to click away!

I will play this game while talking on the phone, or just before going to sleep. Sometimes if I awaken during night and cannot return to sleep, I tune in for a couple of games to re-focus my over-active mind.

I have not discovered a strategy for removing the tiles- it seems like it is just random, and I lose more often than I win. But I continue to play and enjoy the challenge.

Try it sometime!
                                    Here’s the link:   http://freeonlinemahjonggames.net/mahjong.html

Just remember you may also become addicted!



























































 

11 comments:

  1. I'll bet having a mathematical mind helps with this. In which case, I'd stink. Period. Now Scrabble, on the other hand, is a "whole other animal." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, we lOVE Mahjongg!! My sister got us started and we're hooked. Thanks for the link--will be using this (and sending it to the rest of the fam too.) =] =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to give it a try! Only thing is I don't have time for another addiction, after all I need to fix up a fireman and certain friend. :) I'm thinking that could be arranged in a town like Mariner Cove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mahjongg is an excellent game for just relaxing your mind. I love it! My vista laptop came with a free version of it--and soft music playing in the background. I play it every now and then, when Sudoku is "too much" for my busy head. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this CAN be an addiction! I'm a logic lover and will play this game until my eyes can't distinguish between the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of mahjongg, but never knew what it was. I feel enlightened! I also feel convinced I would be an utter failure at it, like sudoku.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Mahjongg too. Scabble is more fun for me, but Mahjongg does make me look at details. So I consider it something I must to do to keep my brain sharp. :)Sadly I'm only winning 28% of the time.
    Diana
    www.pencildancer.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Games like that help both my visual processing problems and the brain fog that my disease causes. Love being able to have fun and do good things for my body at the same time! Just so long as I don't spend TOO much time on them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! I've never played mahjongg. It DOES sound fun, but I think I'll pass on trying it, at least for now. I already have more than enough time-wasters I have to be careful about, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Barbara! I like that game too:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Mahjongg as well. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!