Monday, August 22, 2011

N is for Niagara Falls


Niagara Falls; the name itself denotes, beauty, power and strength, and that accurately describes what is I felt when I first observed the falls. I experienced the majesty of God as I gazed out over the panorama from the American side and felt the cool mist touching my face.


One of the tours I took the first time visiting Niagara Falls was the  "Cave of the Winds."
 Eveyone donned yellow raincoats, and  walked a pathway to the bottom of the falls. What a thrill! 

 An additional tour I took  that day was "Maid of the Mist", which was a boat that motored up to the base of the falls. Raincoats  were also proper attire for that trip. (Sorry, no photos)



Another tour I did was to ride a helicopter over the falls. What a thrill that was!
Yes, it was expensive, but so worth it!






This view was on another visit, on an overcast day. I was with my cousins and we were in the Skylon  Tower on the Canadian side of the border.
 By far, the greatest view of Niagara Falls is seen from Canada.


I've not been back to Western New York to visit family since my grandmother died, but still have memories of the beauty and glory of God's Creations in that lovely state.





10 comments:

  1. Sooo beautiful, Barb! I would love to see Niagara Falls, but have never been. May have to find a way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I haven't made it there yet, either. Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there once and was amazed at the beauty. Thanks for photos.
    Diana
    www.pencildancer.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beauty of this! I'd love to see it in person, for that matter. Thank God for beauty! How...nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby and I planned a trip there, but won't be able to take it for a while. I bet it is overwhelming in person! Thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I've never been to Niagara Falls, you've made me want to go! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool pictures! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowzers!! That last shot is stunning, Barb. I forget how incredible Niagra is!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pictures! We went to Niagra Falls 28 years ago, our Honeymoon. How cliche is that? :) Awesome place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I've never been there (but would like to go.) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!