Monday, February 13, 2012

F is for Flowers

God has given us so many gifts in nature to enjoy while we reside on this earth. Of course, the ocean, and anything related to the seashore is my favorite, but I also enjoy FLOWERS!





I'm not motivated to garden, but dream of having a gorgeous English Garden with all the trimmings!(Someone else to tend to it) I do not have a green thumb, but somehow, I have a  blossoming scarlet bougainvillea bush and a red geranium growing in my courtyard. Despite my neglect, they continue to thrive!

I appreciate flowers of all types and colors, but my favorite is a yellow daisy. Not sure what's the proper name, for there are many variations.  I especially like the ones that tend to be wildflowers and grow along side the road and in fields. They are cheery survivors.

Here, I experienced both the ocean and my beloved yellow daisies!
Thank you, God, for your gift of beauty!





10 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love flowers, too. LOVE these photos, Barb. My favorite is the next to the last one with the shadow of the stamen and pistil showing on the petal. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shelley! That one happens to be my least favorite of the batch! Isn't photography so much fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL--Yeah, each person appreciates something different. I really like that shadow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are the pretty purple leaves? Don't recognize that plant. They are all so pretty! Daffodils and pansies are my favorite flowers--they have faces. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb - your flower photos are lovely! The 2nd one with the light blue sky against the colors is so very pretty, and the (I think) hibiscus. Since we're having snow today, all of these are beautiful to see and enjoy God's beauty. Thank you for taking their pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, the purple flowers are call bougainvillea. It's a climbing plant and his thorns. It comes in shades of pinks and reds and most often seen in Mediterranean climates like here in Southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVE these picture, Barb. Stargazer lilies are my very favorite flower, but I adore each and every one of these pictures.
    Thanks, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved you pictures, made me think of Spring. I love flowers, hate the weeds though and we have tons of weeds. Your photos were glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great selection for an F word and love the photos too. You made me smile today

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I have been plant-sitting several hibiscus for a friend this winter and was absolutely awestruck by the detail and delicacy of the blooms! Had to get my daughter to take pics with her DSLR!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!