Tuesday, February 28, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY-to me!


Today, February 28, is my birthday.


Born 57 years ago in the year 1955, in a little town in upstate New York. 




That was a good year, as the original Disneyland opened and the wonderful Captain Kangaroo kid's show made it's TV debut.           (I loved Mr. Moose and the ping pong balls falling on the Captain!)

Something that's always tickled me was on an old I Love Lucy episode.
In the episode where they are in Paris,  Lucy wants a Jacques Marcel designer dress and Ricky says no. If you listen closely, Ricky reads an old promissory note from Lucy swearing off the need for any other designer dress and the date is read as  "February 28, 1955"!

The top song that year, for the month of February, was "Sincerely" by the McGuire Sisters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GscELYBLOBE&feature=artist


Since I'm pretty much alone in  life, I thought I would take a bold step and ask you to join me in a virtual birthday party!


 Let's dance to a 1955 hit song TUTTI FRUTTI!                                                                                                                                                                                             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFq5O2kabQo   

Thanks! That was fun!

7 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday Barb! This is a FUN FUN blog post! I wish you a wonderful day, a special year, and many, many more. Hugs!! Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday my friend! Thanks for letting us share in the fun! Love TUTTI FRUTTI!
    Wishing you a wonderful fun-filled day!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! It's an honor to party with you, especially with Tutti Fruitti! I'm from a small Upstate NY town as well, can't remember if we talked about that already.

    Have a wonderful day, and many blessings to you for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this post and a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you too. I loved Captain Kangaroo too. What fun to read this today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Barb dear! You share a birthday with my husband's father. And what fun about the I Love Lucy episode! Adore that show - every episode, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday hugs to you, Barb! I hope your day was splendiforous!

    Captain Kangaroo was one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *rats* I missed your birthday!! Happy LATE birthday, Barb. I loved Captain Kangaroo too, and loved that Ricky's promissory note was dated on your birthday. So cool!! =]

    Many hugs!! =]

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!