Monday, March 12, 2012

J is for JEWELRY

I like jewelry!
Mainly necklaces and earrings, though I will wear an occasional  ring or bracelet.

I have numerous necklaces but my jewelry armoire is too small to contain all of them, so a few months ago I was brainstorming on  novel ways to showcase my more attractive pieces. 

I had an unused cork board on hand and a light bulb went off.  I attached it to the wall and inserted pins with colored plastic heads at staggered intervals and dangled my necklaces on each pin. Ta da- instant functional art!




It's really nice to see at a glance which necklace I want to wear each time! I also have a few photos pinned on at the bottom, but removed them for this photo.
 I have a smaller board, too, with the more delicate chains- and still have a full jewelry chest!

                                                      You should try this!

6 comments:

  1. Oh - that is SO clever! Beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great J word that immediately made me smile. I too love to spread out my necklaces. You have a very clever way to doing so. We remodeled last year and I now am blessed with a walk in closet. I put hooks up for my favorite necklaces. Great sharing today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, how lucky you are! I have a big closet, but all the wall space is filled with shelves

      Delete
  3. Clever!! I love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I'm more of an earring fan, so I attached lace to the back of an old calendar frame and then put cup hooks around the outside edges for necklaces and bracelets. Creativity ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!