Monday, April 9, 2012

N is for NATURE


Ever since I was a child, I had an appreciation for nature. I collected rocks and arranged them in egg cartons. I gathered leaves and preserved them by fusing them between two sheets of waxed paper. I checked out library books about birds and studied them for hours. I even had a phase where I wanted to garden.When I was  8, my mom had obtained a book of nature for me and I loved that book and kept it till just a few years ago when I passed it on to my first grand niece.



I continue to have an appreciation for nature and it comes out in the photographs I take.  I see beauty in the sky, clouds, trees, flowers, rocks, animals, waterways, ocean - what ever is there that is the creation of God!






The photo above was snapped while waiting at a traffic signal on my way into work one morning.  The eastern sky was ablaze and  it was hard to keep my  attention on driving!

                                       The ocean- my favorite place to be!

                             A trail of sea stones, shells and other ocean debris

                              Turtles basking in the sun at a pond of a local park.


Lovely flowers at the Mission San Juan Capistrano. I appreciate how nature uses opposing colors!

After I watered my plants, a spider climbed up a web ladder and into the safety of one of the pipes of my  large wind-chime


Taken at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, California


This Peregrine Falcon was flying around the parking lot of a local Target store




Nature is one of God's gifts to us. May you learn to appreciate it and worship the creator!




5 comments:

  1. LOVE the turtles - and nature as well. Love looking at your photographs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barb. These are wonderful shots!! I would've had a hard time driving with that sunrise going on too! Wow. I really liked the trail of sea stones and the spider in the wind chime. LoL. Hope it was a calm day for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great "N" word/ I love nature too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, Barb. As you well know, nature photography is a passion of mine, too. You got some great shots here, but if I had to pick a favorite from among them it would be the spider. Not so much for the *subject*, I mean, spiders aren't exactly cute, lol. But it's so interesting, sharp and well composed...love it! (I wish we were closer and could go on photo shoots together!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on this one...I love being outdoors with nature in all its glory. The falcon shot is cool. Always having a camera with us does have its advantages.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!