Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Q is for Quackers



I speak not of the crispy kind that are tasty with cheese or peanut butter; but of the feathered ones residing in the man-made lakes of local parks.

Learning photography has me looking for interesting subjects in unique situations. Ducks in a park are not unique, but they can be when paired with other critters.

Turtles are abundant in the waters at the two parks I explored. I believe they merely tolererate one another.
This puppy was leashed yet had a grand time chasing the ducks back into the water.

As I walk by, turtles and ducks quickly dive to safety


This poser "quacks" me up! I think he's yelling "AFLAC"!




So what Quacks you up?





5 comments:

  1. I love your pictures. I also love the AFLAC duck. To answer your question, my 4 year old grandson, Mason, Quacks me up. He often quacks himself up too. Those day are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cracks me up? That LAST picture. And I LOVE your photography. But I MAY have told you that before ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is priceless! We have ducks, and Canada geese, but no turtles. I've never seen so many turtles in one spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in Newton (Kansas) a creek running through town has been dredged and 'prettied up' so that it's also flood control. There are walking paths along both sides of the winding creek bed and it's deep enough for boats.

    That means it's also deep enough for water fowl of all types. Ducks. Geese. Even the occasional feathered pig... I mean Canada Goose.

    For the most part, most of them are so accustomed to people, that they no longer pay attention. Most of those that do pay attention are akin to the goose in your last picture and are begging for anything edible.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!