Thursday, October 24, 2013

N is for Night of floating lights

Last December on the Sunday prior to Christmas, I met up with some co-workers and their families and we participated in the Christmas lights boat parade out of Newport Beach, California.

Finding a place to park was exhausting, but once on the boat, all was peaceful. What was being paraded were elaborately decorated boats of all shapes and sizes which  moved in a circuitous route around the marina. Some were decorated in a theme, many had music blaring, and several had parties going on. They looked like fun!  The boat we were on was actually one that cruises the harbor and goes out on whale watches. We were not partying- just watching the parade while being in it! I spent my time at the railing, as it was a pleasant evening out. I was eager to  practice night photography, yet was not feeling all that great. Did manage to get a few decent pictures.

 
 
After a couple of hours, we disembarked and sped to the other side to  the beach to watch the fireworks show. That was cool and a perfect finale for the evening of holiday lights show at sea.
 


 I would love to do this again!
 Have you ever participated in a Christmas Parade?



This week, the Alphabet Meme is sponsored by the letter "N." Check out the link and join in on our blog hop!
 http://www.pattywysong.com/2013/07/a-to-z-meme.html

6 comments:

  1. Apparently, when I was VERY small, I walked in the Hollywood Christmas Parade. NO recollection whatsoever. At least, that's what my folks say.

    Beautiful pictures, Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being in that parade would have been fun. Too bad you don't remember! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! These are awesome shots, Barbara. I'd love to participate in something like that. Bet it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom, it was gorgeous! I was in a party boat the only other time I participated in this parade. Now that was fun!

      Delete
  3. I don't believe I've ever seen a Christmas parade. But I'd love to see a boat one! How awesome! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- it was awesome! One of our local cities has a literal boat parade through the streets at Christmas time! Not nearly as cool as boats in water. :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!