Thursday, November 28, 2013

S is for Skies

This weeks'  blog hop is sponsored by the letter "S". Click on the link below to read more about the meme  and join in on our blog hop   http://www.pattywysong.com/2013/07/a-to-z-meme.html

Whenever I'm outside, I'm usually watching the sky, in the hopes of witnessing some of God's artistic splendor. Even when my camera is no where near me, I watch the heavens. I'm not disappointed!


Driving into work early one morning a few months ago.
The sky appeared to be on fire!
A sunset viewed through my south facing window
Rainbow during late afternoon  thunderstorm
 viewed out my east facing bedroom window
This was a sunset viewed from my living room just last week!
A blimp passing through a brilliant sunset.
 December 2011
Icy skies had a tint of colors to the clouds
Murky sunset
Sun Dog
This was a super moon or such taken from niece's previous home
 in Colorado Springs - May 2012


On my drive home from work, I pass by the airport, and there is often incredible views of the sky and clouds, and it's very frustrating because I want to photograph it, but  not allowed to stop alongside the road!  Even when I don't have my good camera with me, I do carry a small point and shoot camera, and of course, the camera in my phone. Life is full of beautiful things to photograph and the sky is just one of those blessings.

Am I the only one who is always looking heavenward? What do you like to watch for?


4 comments:

  1. I love watching the sky. Cloud watching is my favorite thing to do because Jesus is the cloud rider so I'm always watching. :)
    Night sky is a winner as well. I should take more photos. Your's are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana. I know what you mean about Jesus- I watch for clouds that open like a scroll! Looking for that blessed hope. :)

      Delete
  2. Great pics! I'm almost always up early so I love to take sunrise photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom. Sunrises are always special- something about a glorious new day really moves me.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!