Friday, December 27, 2013

W is for Weight



This weeks'  blog hop is sponsored by the letter "W"
Click on the link below to read more about the meme  and join in on our blog hop  http://www.pattywysong.com/2013/07/a-to-z-meme.html



Twelve measly pounds! Since last January, I've needed to lose 12 pounds to reach my  goal weight. An entire year has gone by, and I did not lose those last twelve pounds.        
I never did figure out why I self-sabotaged. I was up and down in weight all year round.  Mind you, I've lost 63 pounds since January of 2011, but just struggling to reach those last few pounds. It's the goal weight my doctor set for me, and it is doable and livable, but to reach it has been unachievable! 

I thought I was motivated enough. The weight loss support group I'm in-TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) has been helpful and holds me accountable to the scale. But even the dream of attaining goal by the last weigh-in of December, so that I could participate in next years' state convention was not enough for me.

It doesn't help that I cannot exercise much, due to the chronic pain of my hip being bone on bone. I am having replacement surgery within the next 3 or 4 months; just waiting for a date. I used to walk 20 miles  per week- now it's painful to walk 20 feet. I do have the option to swim- yet I wimp out because it's too chilly. I know- excuses, excuses! 

Okay, so another January is about to roll around. Come on, Barb, get yourself together and lose those last 12  pounds!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Barb! You've done so well! Yes, you hit a plateau, but it's not like it has to be the end of the story!! I'm so glad you're getting a replacement! That will help in many ways. Praying you onward!!

    Huge hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with peej - you've made progress - just keep going. Praying you on, and believing you can do it - especially with help from the surgery.You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also hoping it will be better after the surgery! Thanks for your support. :)

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain, Barb. Those last 10 to 15 pounds are harder to lose than the first 50 - 60. I'm right there with ya! Praying your surgery goes well and allows you to enjoy the activities you love. Blessings and wishes for the skinny 2014 you. Don't discount the success you've alread had. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you will lose them once that hip is fixed! I have many, many more pounds to lose, so I know how hard it is. I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karla! I kind of miss walking in the early morning, listening to praise and worship music!

      Delete
  5. Body image, ugghhh, and my doctor wants me to lose another 10 pounds too. Hang in there my friend. I too know about pain and praying that your upcoming surgery solves so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Body image, ugghhh, and my doctor wants me to lose another 10 pounds too. Hang in there my friend. I too know about pain and praying that your upcoming surgery solves so many things.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!