Friday, January 17, 2014

Z is for Zodiac

This weeks' final  blog hop in the A to Z meme is sponsored by the letter "Z"
Click on the link below to read more about the 
meme and join in on our blog hop 



When I was in grade school, a school mate came to class with a  cool looking medallion hanging around her neck.  The story was that her father formed it out of an old gold colored door knob. It had interesting designs in a circle formation and I thought it so beautiful and so I asked her to make one for me! She did and I proudly wore that piece for quite awhile. I had no idea that the designs were actually signs of the zodiac. I was raised Christian and routinely went to church, but never knew what the symbols stood for. I have no recollection as to when I became aware of their meanings, but  know I eventually threw away that medallion.

I'm not educated in the scientific meaning of the zodiac, but I know it's used in astronomy as well as in astrology. However, astrology is of the occult, and a dangerous realm for anyone to play around with. It was during the 1960's that I received that medallion and I had no idea of what the occult was all about. I do feel that God protected me. In high school, I remember trying out an ouigi board, though I knew it was not something a Christian should be toying with. I was playing with a friend, and really thought it was all silliness. I asked about a certain boy I had a crush on, and if I would ever marry. There were no answers coming out of the experience and I felt foolish. I also played with an 8 ball, but knew that was more foolishness.

I'm not conscientious of occultic issues in my every day life, but I know it's out there. I'm wondering if children can be so innocently pulled into it such as when I admired a peer's fancy medallion?  That's scary!  When I 'innocently' read the horoscope for my birth month, am I allowing satanic forces to enter into my mind? 

                                What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Man, this is one of those areas that we as adults who care about the children in our lives--whether they're related to us or not--need to really be alert to. It's not enough to simply say it's bad, stay away from it. We've got to explain to them, at the level they can understand, why it's bad, without putting too much on them. It takes constant alertness on our parts.

    I'm so thankful for God's protection!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!